Open position: Bilingual Facilitator – Toisanese [Contract]
3×3 is seeking a Bilingual facilitator (Toisanese) to assist with stakeholder outreach and engagement for a community visioning project. This is a two- to three-week engagement and would blend knowledge of communication, public outreach, and workshop facilitation. The ideal candidate will be a creative thinker and proactive self-starter that is able to execute multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment and is comfortable working on projects with tight timeframes. The candidate shall have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Toisanese. The commitment might range from 8-10 hours per week. Flexibility in scheduling is desired.
- Support strategic engagement with community leaders
- Ability to recruit various constituents for public programs and workshops
- Assist with facilitating qualitative research and public outreach
- Support the facilitation of workshop activities with clients, community members, and community-based organizations
- Transcribing interviews and writing summaries of focus groups, community meetings, and design workshops in English and Toisanese
- Assisting with the synthesis and reporting workshop outcomes
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications Design, Visual Design, Digital Media, Design Management, Transdisciplinary Design, or related field.
- Fluency in Toisanese
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills, and the ability to quickly synthesize information from multiple sources into clear, persuasive communications.
- Experience working with diverse communities and local organizations in NYC a plus.
- Charismatic, self-starter with the ability to communicate with diverse clients.
- Experience leading community engagement for public sector agencies is a plus
To be considered, please submit your application to opportunities@3×3.co. The engagement is scheduled to happen in October and November 2020 and would be limited to 8-10 hours per week for up to three weeks. The position will remain open until filled. Compensation is commensurate with experience and time commitment. Please submit your cover letter, resume, work samples (or link to online portfolio), and blog (if available). In your resume, please mention your language skills. Applicants must write “BilingualFacilitator: [FIRST NAME _ LAST NAME]” in the subject line of the email.apply for this position « return to opportunities page