Open position: Communications Designer
3×3 is seeking a part-time Communications Designer for the month of July and half of August to assist with brand identity, marketing, and prototyping work. We are looking for someone with strong research and design skills and a passion for social impact to support our studio’s design and strategy practice across a wide range of projects, from place-based campaigns and wayfinding to digital platform designs. This is a multi-faceted position ideal for a creative and critical thinker eager to collaborate on projects that blend knowledge of human-centered design, community-based design, and visual communications. As part of our growing team, this person must demonstrate a collaborative working style, great communication skills, and the ability to be detail-oriented and solution-driven in a fast-paced environment.
UX Research and Design:
- Understanding target audience and interacting with the service or product;
- Participating in researching user interactions with the product, service or resulting solution;
- Identifying user needs and preferences using ethnographic methods
- Developing personas and usage scenarios;
- Contributing to designing workshops and creating new activities that connect inputs with outputs;
- Participating in user testing and analyzing user feedback to enhance the design;
- Participating in synthesis activities to distill critical insights;
- Visualizing program workflows and user journeys for service design projects;
- Brainstorming, sketching and visualizing both digital and analog concepts;
- Designing information architecture and user flows;
- Creating low- and high-fidelity prototypes;
- Developing digital concepts utilizing UX/UI guidelines for multiple end-user devices, including mobile.
- Create clear and compelling print and digital materials to present complex qualitative and quantitative data and concepts;
- Support the creative visual design process for media platforms and brand collateral;
- Develop templates for communications collateral, including presentations;
- Support in establishing and maintaining brand standards;
- Creating evocative storytelling methods to communicate the design of programs & services;
- Designing graphic elements (e.g. logos, icons, brand guidelines, infographics);
- Designing project deliverables including slides, books, hand-outs, and cards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Media Studies, Design Management, Web Design, Communications Design or related field.
- High proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite—especially InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Ability to produce press-ready artwork for print and web-based design deliverables.
- Familiarity with managing the print production of report documents.
- Demonstrated ability to transform data and information into compelling visuals.
- Portfolio displaying advanced layout, typography, color and concept skills.
- A motivated, self-starting attitude and strong communicator (written and visual).
- Social Media savvy, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo.
- Experience with web development and knowledge of HTML5 and CSS, Java is a plus.
- Experience working with diverse communities and local organizations in NYC a plus.
The part-time position will start early July. To be considered, please submit your application to info@3×3.co. Compensation will commensurate with experience. The candidate should have the ability to commit up to 16-20 hours per week. Please submit your cover letter, resume, work samples (or link to online portfolio), and blog (if available). Applicants must write “Communications Designer: [FIRST NAME _ LAST NAME]” in the subject line of the email.apply for this position « return to opportunities page