Open position: Part-Time Design Researcher
3×3 is seeking a Design Researcher to assist with qualitative research. We are looking for someone with strong research skills and a passion for social impact to support our studio’s design and strategy practice across a wide range of projects, from program design and evaluation to market research. This is a multi-faceted position ideal for a creative and critical thinker eager to collaborate on projects that blend knowledge of human-centered design, urban planning, and economic development. As part of our growing team, this person must demonstrate a collaborative working style, great communication skills, and the ability to be detail-oriented and solution-driven in a fast-paced environment.
- Contributing to developing creative research frameworks that answer defined research questions
- Participating in field research covering a wide range of methods including in-depth interviews, contextual research, focus groups, and quantitative research.
- Transcribing interviews and and writing summaries of focus groups
- Assisting with the recruitment of participants for field research
- Learning and communicating what’s most important
- Participating in synthesis activities to distill critical insights
- Articulating design opportunities through writing, frameworks, and presentations
- Contributing to designing workshops and creating new activities that connect inputs with outputs
- Facilitation of workshop activities with clients, community members, and community based organizations
- Assisting with the synthesis and reporting workshop outcomes
- Creating evocative storytelling methods to communicate the design of programs, services, and projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Transdisciplinary Design, Design Management, Sociology or related field
- Working knowledge of Human Centered Design and/or the social sector
- Excellent written and oral communications skills necessary
- Experience conducting qualitative research and synthesis is necessary
- Familiarity and understanding of quantitative analyses is a plus
- Strong critical thinking skills, and the ability to quickly synthesize information into clear, persuasive communications
- Ability to articulate ideas and present concepts to internal team and clients
- Experience working with diverse communities and local organizations in NYC a plus.
To be considered, please submit your application to accounts@3×3.co. The candidate will start as soon as possible; the position will remain open until filled. Compensation is commensurate with experience. Please submit your cover letter, resume, work samples (or link to online portfolio), and blog (if available). Kindly indicate your current location and language proficiency on your resume. Applicants must write “Part-Time Design Researcher: [FIRST NAME _ LAST NAME]” in subject line of email.apply for this position « return to opportunities page