Open position: Bilingual Engagement Designer
3×3 is seeking a part-time Bilingual Engagement Designer – Chinese – to assist with stakeholder outreach and produce high-quality graphics for print materials, social media, and other digital distribution channels. This is a multi-faceted position ideal for someone eager to collaborate on projects that blend knowledge of communication, media, public outreach, research, and visual design. The ideal candidate will be a creative thinker and proactive self-starter that is able to execute multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment and is comfortable working on projects with tight timeframes. The candidate shall have excellent written and verbal communication skills, a strong understanding of visual communications, and should be enthusiastic about delivering effective messages through storytelling and strong writing. The commitment might range from 16 to 20 hours per week. Flexibility in scheduling is desired.
- Support strategic engagement with community leaders
- Ability to recruit various constituents for public programs and workshops
- Assist with facilitating qualitative research and public outreach
- Create reusable graphics templates; modify and resize existing graphics for various platforms and uses; format materials based on specifications.
- Assist with the layout of online and print publications, including reports, white papers, and pamphlets; create data visualization graphics for reports, such as tables, charts, etc.
- Produce wireframes, layouts, and designs for websites and apps.
- Support the facilitation of workshop activities with clients, community members, and community-based organizations
- Transcribing interviews and writing summaries of focus groups, community meetings, and design workshops in English and translation in one of the following Chinese language – Manadarin, Cantonese, and Toisanese
- Assist with the development of high-level marketing recommendations and creative briefs
- Develop content and messaging for place-based marketing materials and media
- Support the creative design process from concept creation for a suite of print and digital outreach tools
- Creating evocative storytelling methods to communicate the design of programs, services, and projects
- Manage inbound marketing content and social media accounts
- Articulating design opportunities through writing, frameworks, and presentations
- Contributing to designing workshops and creating new activities that connect inputs with outputs
- Assisting with the synthesis and reporting workshop outcomes
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications Design, Visual Design, Digital Media, Design Management, Transdisciplinary Design or related field.
- High proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign
- Fluency in one of the three Chinese languages: Mandarin, Cantonese, Toisanese
- Excellent written and oral communication skills necessary including drafting proposal materials and communications collaterals such as blog posts, email newsletters, and social media posts
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills, and the ability to quickly synthesize information from multiple sources into clear, persuasive communications
- Experience working with diverse communities and local organizations in NYC a plus
- Charismatic, self-starter with the ability to communicate with diverse clients
- Experience leading community engagement for public sector agencies is a plus
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and AdWords, social media analytics, Mailchimp, Word-Press
- Social Media savvy, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo
To be considered, please submit your application to opportunities@3×3.co. The candidate will start in October 2020 and end in December 2020 with the possibility of the position extending to Spring. The position will remain open until filled. Compensation is commensurate with experience and time commitment. Please submit your cover letter, resume, work samples (or link to online portfolio), and blog (if available). In your resume, please mention your language skills. Applicants must write “Engagement Designer: [FIRST NAME _ LAST NAME]” in the subject line of the email.apply for this position « return to opportunities page