Open position: Graphic Designer
3×3 is seeking a part-time Graphic Designer for the Fall 2016, with possibility to continue into the Winter 2017. This is a multi-faceted position ideal for someone eager to collaborate on multiple international projects that blend knowledge of graphic design, information architecture, and branded environments to create community-based projects that connect people to places. The candidate will assist in the development of place-based campaigns, brand identity and information design, temporary wayfinding, and digital platforms. The ideal candidate will be a creative thinker that is able to execute multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Support the creative design process from concept creation through design development for a range of communications and outreach tools, including but not limited to posters, flyers, web platforms, and digital applications.
- Think creatively to produce new ideas and concepts.
- Use innovation to redefine a design brief within the constraints of cost and time.
- Create compelling communications collateral that distill complex qualitative and quantitative information for diverse audiences.
- Design the visual and interactive user experience for various digital applications.
- Support in establishing and maintaining brand standards.
- A bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Web Design, Communication Design or related field.
- High proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite—especially InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Ability to produce press-ready artwork for print and web-based design deliverables.
- Familiarity with managing the print production of report documents.
- Demonstrated ability to transform data and information into compelling visuals.
- Portfolio displaying advanced layout, typography, color and concept skills.
- A motivated, self-starting attitude and strong communicator (written and visual).
- Social Media savvy, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo.
- Experience with web development and knowledge of HTML5 and CSS, Java is a plus.
- Knowledge about PHP and WordPress Plugin creation is a plus.