Open position: Program Strategist
3×3 is a social innovation consultancy working at the intersection of urban planning, design, and technology. We apply human-centered design to urban planning issues to help our clients problem solve, create smarter programs and services, and improve urban experiences. Our team applies practical knowledge of today’s complex urban systems, collaborative engagement, and insights from contextual research to help clients launch lean programs that create social value.
We are looking for someone with strong design skills and a passion for social impact to support our studio’s design and strategy practice across a wide range of projects, from communication tools to place-based activations. This is a multi-faceted position ideal for a creative and critical thinker eager to collaborate on projects that blend knowledge of urban planning, human-centered design, communications, and public engagement. As part of our growing team, this person must demonstrate a collaborative working style, great communication skills, and the ability to be detail-oriented and solution-driven in a fast-paced environment.
Research + Engagement:
- Contributing to developing creative research frameworks that answer defined research questions
- Participating in field research particularly around gathering user and stakeholder feedback
- Learning and communicating what’s most important
- Participating in synthesis activities to distill critical insights
- Articulating design opportunities through writing, frameworks, and presentations
- Contributing to designing workshops and creating new activities that connect inputs with outputs
- Supporting the facilitation of workshop activities with clients, community members, and community based organizations
- Assisting with the synthesis and reporting workshop outcomes
- Brainstorming, sketching and visualizing both digital and analog concepts.
- Creating evocative storytelling methods to communicate the design of programs, services, and projects.
- Creating low and-high fidelity prototypes.
- Developing digital concepts utilizing UX/UI guidelines
- Designing graphic elements (e.g. logos, icons, brand guidelines, infographics)
- Visualizing program workflows and user journeys for service design projects
- Designing project deliverables including slides, books, hand outs and cards
- Bachelor’s degree in Transdisciplinary Design, Design Management, Communication Design, or related field;
- Working knowledge of Human Centered Design and/or the social sector;
- Strong critical thinking skills, and the ability to quickly synthesize information into clear, persuasive communications;
- Ability to articulate ideas and present concepts to internal team and clients
- Knowledge of UX and information architecture for digital concepts
- Ability to work effectively across disciplines, experience levels, working styles, and other differences.
- Competency in Adobe Creative Suite (especially InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator);
- Experience in urban planning or international development a plus;
- Experience working with diverse communities and local organizations in NYC a plus;
To be considered, please submit your application to info@3×3.co. The candidate will start as soon as possible; the position will remain open until filled. Compensation is commensurate with experience. Please submit your cover letter, resume, work samples (or link to online portfolio), and blog (if available). Applicants must write “Design Strategist: [FIRST NAME _ LAST NAME]” in subject line of email.apply for this position « return to opportunities page