Open position: Call for Research Assistants in Providence for Transportation Project
3×3 is seeking current students or recent graduates based in Providence to fill the position of Research Assistants to support a year-long research engagement to inform both planning and policy implications of AV technology within Providence as well as set a global precedent for future public transportation initiatives. The project involves multiple partners from the Rhode Island Department of Transit alongside Brown University, 3×3, and strategic advisors. The research assistants will conduct field research which includes, but is not limited to: survey dissemination, observation studies, photography, ongoing interviews, and data analysis. The research aim is to capture sentiment, attitude, and awareness surrounding AV transportation technologies as well as to capture ongoing feedback from riders and key stakeholders on the shuttle service. The project has both qualitative and quantitative methodologies and the data will contribute to a larger knowledge base. Research assistants will gain experience in all aspects of the research taking place throughout Providence. The Research Assistance will work closely with 3×3 and scholars from Brown University.
- Participating in field research covering a wide range of methods including surveys, interviews, contextual research, and focus groups.
- Transcribing interviews and taking notes of interviews and focus groups.
- Participating in synthesis activities to distill critical insights; assisting with the synthesis and reporting outcomes.
- Currently pursuing or recently completed a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in public affairs, public policy, international studies, political science, sociology, or related fields.
- Demonstrated understanding of qualitative and quantitative research and analysis using a variety of tools such as word, excel, online survey platforms.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct a variety of field research methods – interviews, observations, photography, survey dissemination.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and think critically.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Spanish is a plus.
Submission: To be considered, please submit your application to katefisher@3×3.co by April 14th. The candidate will start as soon as possible. Please submit your weekly availability from April – September, cover letter, resume, portfolio (if available) and blog (if available). Applicants must write “Research Assistant: [FIRST NAME _ LAST NAME]” in subject line of email.apply for this position « return to opportunities page